MyCreds™ is owned and operated by ARUCC, the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada. These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use the MyCreds™ website and services.
This website offers visitors information on MyCreds™, an online website that supports information sharing and services related to viewing and sharing official academic documents, transcripts and credentials. By accessing or using MyCreds™, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
- Defined Terms.
- “ARUCC”, “we” or “our” refers to the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada – ARUCC, a not-for-profit entity which operates the listed websites.
- Access. Some areas of our websites are accessible without creating an account. You may access our websites for your personal use.
- To activate and access an account on the MyCreds™ Platform, you must agree to the MyCreds™ Platform End User Terms.
- Use Restrictions. As an visitor to our websites, you agree not to, and you will not permit any third party to:
- copy, modify, or create derivative works based on the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors, or attempt to do so, in whole or in part outside the scope of these terms;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, license, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or attempt to do so, or otherwise make available the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, decode, adapt, frame, mirror, download, display, transmit or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to any software component of the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors, in whole or in part;
- remove any proprietary notices from the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors;
- access or use the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors, for the purpose of providing services to third parties outside the scope of these terms;
- attempt to obtain, or assist third parties in obtaining, access to the intellectual property of ARUCC or its licensors; or
- access, store, distribute or transmit any harmful code, or any material during the course of accessing or using our websites, or that: (A) is unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, infringing, harassing or racially or ethnically offensive; (B) facilitates illegal activity; (C) depicts sexually explicit images; (D) promotes unlawful violence; (E) is discriminatory based on race, gender, colour, religious belief, sexual orientation, disability; or (F) in a manner that is otherwise illegal or causes damage or injury to any person or property.
- ARUCC reserves the right, without liability or prejudice to its other rights, to suspend or disable access to our websites for any failure to comply with these terms.
- Technical Matters. ARUCC disclaims all liability for all problems, conditions, delays, delivery failures and all other loss or damage arising from or relating to your own software, hardware or internet connections.
- Intellectual Property Rights. The intellectual property on our websites is owned by ARUCC or its licensors. As an website visitor, you will not contest or challenge the foregoing IP rights.
- You acknowledge and agree that our websites cannot be guaranteed error-free, and that the existence of any error does not amount to a breach of these terms. Our websites are provided to you on “as is” basis. Except for the express conditions and warranties set forth in these terms, ARUCC hereby disclaims all conditions and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, under these terms and in respect of your use of our websites.
- Limitation of Liability. To the full extent permitted by law, the cumulative liability of ARUCC or any of its service providers to you in connection with your use of our websites, will not exceed in aggregate the total fees (if any) paid by you in the 12 months prior to the last event giving rise to the relevant liability.
- Our liability to you under or in connection with this agreement will be reduced proportionally to the extent that any of your acts or omissions contributed to the loss or liability.
- Each party must use all reasonable endeavours to mitigate its losses.
- General Terms.
- Governing Law & Disputes. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Alberta, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree that by entering into this agreement you have attorned to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Alberta for the resolution of any disputes related to this agreement.
- Language. These terms were originally written in English. A French translation is provided here for information purposes only. Legally, the English version prevails.
- Changes. On release of any updates, upgrades, documentation and new functionality made available from time to time, or material changes to this website, ARUCC reserves the right to modify these terms and to impose new or additional terms or conditions. The then-current terms (including any modifications and additional terms and conditions if applicable) will be presented to you and will be effective immediately upon your acceptance of the terms and continued use of the website.